SNAPS Superhero Challenge 2022
A fun run-style event and a fun-filled day for the whole family!
Date: Sunday 26th June 2022
Time: 10.30am – 12.30pm
Cost: £5 per child, adults go free
Venue: John Charles Centre for Sport, Middleton Grove, Belle Isle, Leeds LS11 5DJ
Each child will receive:
· A registration pack with activities such as make your own superhero mask.
· A superhero cape to wear on the day.
· A goody bag and medal once they have completed their challenge (they can decide their own distance around the athletics track – e.g. halfway round, the full way round or keep going many times!)
Voluntary sponsorship target: £54 – this amount could sponsor a SNAPS session.
1. Each child will feel like a superhero for the day as they are clapped and cheered along the track to the finish line where they are presented with their special medal.
2. ‘Special guests’ taking part on the day will give children the chance to meet real life superhero’s & other famous faces!
3. There will be children’s entertainers and activities for the whole family to enjoy.
4. SNAPS’ football coaches will be leading taster sessions for children to have a go at a new sport.
The SNAPS Superhero Challenge is an inclusive ‘fun run’ style event which gives children with additional needs the chance to feel like a superhero for the day! All ages and abilities welcome.
This exciting event will take place at the John Charles Athletics track, and every child will decide on their own distance target for the event. They may choose to go halfway round, the full way round or keep going many times. They can walk, run or wheel* around the track being cheered on to the finish line where they will receive their own challenge medal!
Not only does the Superhero Challenge promise to be a fun filled day for all the family, it’s also a great way for SNAPS to raise much needed funds. SNAPS receives no government funding to provide its vital services so we rely on kind, compassionate people like you to support us.
To help SNAPS work and continue providing the support we do for children with additional needs, we are asking all those taking part to try and raise as much sponsorship as they can. It would be great if families could raise £54, which could cover the cost of one SNAPS physiotherapy session but anything you can raise will make a huge difference to SNAPS and we’d be so grateful. There will also be a special gift for all families who reach their target!
Places are selling fast so be sure to get yours before they go!
Thank you for your support.
*only applies to accessibility aids such as wheelchairs, walkers, pushchairs.