SNAPS’ offers some great opportunities for individuals who would like to gain some hands-on experience working with children with additional needs and their families.
As a charity we rely on volunteers to help and support the delivery of our weekly sessions. We run sessions at Broomfield SILC in South Leeds and Penny Field SILC in North Leeds every Saturday in term time and a Football Club at Middleton Leisure Centre on Sunday mornings. Families who have children with additional needs attend SNAPS sessions where their children can access therapies and classes but most of all have fun! We also help and support the parents with whatever situation they may be facing at the time.
For SNAPS’ Saturday sessions, staff arrive on site at 9:00am and leave at 14:00pm and SNAPS’ Football Club is open 10am – 11am on Sundays.
We our looking for volunteers who could help during these hours. We are very flexible and can work around our volunteers but do ask for a certain level of commitment to allow the children to get to know and feel confident around the individuals who are supporting SNAPS’ sessions. We would love to hear from any volunteers who could give some time on Saturdays or Sundays.
SNAPS offers plenty of opportunities for personal development as well as a chance to have fun with our fabulous kids and families! Volunteers could gain experience in the following areas:
– Rebound therapy run by trained physiotherapist
– Hydrotherapy therapy run by trained physiotherapist
– Swimming lessons run by trained Swimming instructor
– A wide range of individual and group activities such as arts and crafts, games, messy play, boccia, storytelling, singing and dancing and we are always open to new ideas
– Supporting parents
– Working with the whole family unit
– Working as part of a team
Volunteering with SNAPS will give you the opportunity to:
– Work with a great team of staff and volunteers who will support you as you develop in your role
– Meet new people
– Get hands on experience that will expand your CV. SNAPS can support volunteers by providing evidence to your school/college/university of the type of experience you have gained with us and we would also be happy to give references after a certain length of time in your volunteer role
– Try new ideas! We always welcome new ideas at SNAPS so if you think you can volunteer / support in a different capacity we would love to hear from you!
– Give something back to a wonderful local charity and have A LOT of fun along the way!
We are happy to welcome potential volunteers to site to see what SNAPS sessions are like and how you would be able to get involved. If you’d like to arrange a site visit please contact Jo Milburn.
All volunteers will need to complete a DBS check.
For more information or if you have any questions about how you could get involved, please contact:
Children’s Services Manager Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Number : 07738 287024