VOLUNTEER WITH SNAPS
HELPING TODAY – HELPING TOMORROW.
By joining SNAPS as a community ambassador you could be called on to help with collection boxes, cheer or marshal at an event, present to local groups/organisations, share important messages on social media and get involved with other ad hoc volunteering duties.
SNAPS relies 100% on voluntary contributions to continue providing our services to children and families. By becoming a community ambassador YOU can help SNAPS promote our services, reach more people and raise more funds to support even more children and their families when they need it most.
Are you enthusiastic and keen to make a difference? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
What we’re looking for
- Willingness to get stuck in
- Passion for what we do
- People aged 18 and over
What you’ll gain
- The chance to nurture your communication, fundraising and people skills
- Experience of an exciting range of different things
- A great sense of community and camaraderie with your fellow ambassadors!
What you’ll do
Volunteer Ambassadors represent SNAPS at functions and events throughout West Yorkshire. They help us to reach a wider audience and have a wider presence throughout the region. They help to raise awareness and encourage individuals and groups to support our work.
The role of an Ambassador is varied, but activities may include:
- Representing SNAPS at events and functions
- Delivering talks and presentations about SNAPS’ work
- Attending cheque presentations (including taking part in photographs where required)
- Receiving donations on behalf of SNAPS
- Running information and fundraising stalls
- Promoting ways people can get involved, either as supporters or volunteers
- Researching potential awareness raising or fundraising opportunities in the local area
If you’d like to speak to someone and find out more about becoming an ambassador, please get in touch with our Fundraising team.